background

"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come." Joseph F. Smith

snow

Our new addition!!
We are so excited to announce the arrival of Clancy Jake Smith. Shellie called us Friday night, about 11, saying she was at the hospital and they were going to start the pitocin.  She was dialated to a four and the baby had not dropped yet.  We get to the hospital about 1 and they had broke her water and gave her an epidural.  She was totally relaxed and happy.


 Here we are at the hospital, waiting.
 When she was having him, I was so scared and nervous, that my knees were shaking and I could tell if I didn't calm down, I was going to faint.  So I start breathing in through my nose and out through my mouth.  It helped, but my knees were still shaking.  She only had to push a couple of times and he was out.  I was able to cut the cord, which was really neat, because I never got to do that on any of mine, Jake always did.  He was born at 3:59 a.m., weighing 7 lbs. 11 ounces and 21 inches long.  He has a ton of hair, which is different for us, because our babies were bald.  Shellie said it was her easiest birth.





 Here he is getting his first bath.
 The nurse combed his hair into a mohawk so she could take a picture, to put in his chart.  Jake did not like the mohawk and kept trying to comb it down, but nothing would work, so he parted down the middle, which made him look like Alfalfa.  That is one thing everyone plays with, is his hair.
 Grandpa Craig holding Clancy.  Him and Jake went to a colt sale in Rexburg.  So not only did we bring a baby home, but we brought home 3 colts, too!!!
 Grandma Rosie
 Grandpa Jay
 These are some of my most treasured memories.  When Shellie held Clancy and would just look at him.





He is one very special little boy,He not only has the love of one mother, he has the love from two!!
 We had a very special experience after the papers were signed.  The caseworker had us go around and express our feelings for one another.  There was lots of tears, between us all. We have grown to love Shellie, more than words can describe.  She has given us this precious little boy.  We will never forget her and the wonderful, beautiful person that she is.  After the papers were signed she handed him to Jake, which was very special.  Jake plays a special role in Clancy's life. 
 Shellie's Mom and Dad were there to witness this very special experience.  We are so very blessed to have the love and the support from them.  Clancy not only has 2 sets of Grandma's and Grandpa's, he has three.  After this we all walked out to our cars together and hugged and cried all over again, before we said goodbye.  Oh, what a hard time to see her go one way and we go the other.  She will never know how much we love her.
 When we pulled inot the driveway, the kids all came running out to the car and climbed in the backseat, just to try and look at him.  Everyone of them were so excited and just kept saying Oh, he is so cute.  Then they would rub his hair.  They each had to take atleast 3 times each to hold him.  They can't get enough of him.  Cody was the first one to hold him.  He finally has a brother!!!








 Hailey attempting to feed him his bottle.  No one can get him to drink all of his milk, except for Jake.  He even got up this morning with him, so I could sleep a little bit longer, he drank two bottles for him.

 My sister Jenny and her family came up last night and brought dinner for us.  It was so very thoughtful of her to think of us and it was sure nice not having to think about what I was going to fix for dinner.  She held him pretty much the whole 5 hours they were here.  Thanks Aunt Jenny.
This experience has changed our lives forever.  We will never forget it and every time I think about Shellie the tears start to fall.  Thank you Shellie from the bottom of hearts.  We will never forget what you have given to us.  He is already spoiled, not only by his brother and sisters, but especially from his Dad.  We Love you!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Jami said...

How precious, Jake and Alisha! What a neat experience! COngrats on your cute little boy :)!Looks like he is in very good hands with all of you ;)! What a cute name as well!

Chelsey Hutchison said...

Oh he is just so adorable! I just love all his hair and the cute little faces he makes! Your story brings tears to my eyes and I only know what I've read here! He sure is a precious little thing! I can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!

Tirzah Anderson said...

Wow - what a beautiful, amazing journey for you all! Thanks for your inspiring story...what a wonderful family you are!